UTMA Youth Savings Account
A UTMA Share is a custodial savings account that allows funds to be put under a child’s name and tax number, with the added security of having a custodian on the account until the child turns 21 years old. After the child turns 21, the account becomes a Share Savings Account under their name. Youth Savings earn the same interest as a Share Savings.
Kirby Kangaroo Club
Kirby Kangaroo Club is a savings club for kids ages 13 and younger. Any member under 14 with a savings or UTMA account will automatically be enrolled in the Kirby Kangaroo Club!
As club members deposit money, they will receive a Kirby Credit for each $5 saved. Once credits are accumulated, they can trade in their points for prizes to be claimed at any of our branch locations. Account holders can also participate in our various contests and promotions held throughout the year. Here are some of the things you’ll get as a club member:
- An interactive and fun way to create your child’s first savings account
- Access to a fun and educational website
- Access to Kirby’s Catch Save Mobile App
- Quarterly newsletters with money tips and games
- 1 Kirby Credit for every $5 deposit (in person or mail)
- A range of prizes to buy with Kirby dollars
Youth Savings can be opened at a branch or through the mail for any minor with an accompanying parent or guardian co-owner.
What you need to open a Youth Savings:
- Account application
- A copy of the minor’s social security card
- A copy of a parent or guardian’s ID
- $5 deposit.
*APY = annual percentage yield.