Why is there an eligibility requirement?
Unlike banks, there is a common bond that unites credit union members. For First Financial CU, the bond is our Chicagoland location. Having a shared connection between our account holders makes our community stronger because we experience and value the same things. Whether that be investing in our school systems, cheering on Chicago sports teams, sponsoring movies in the parks, or partnering with local charities.
Our staff, board of directors, and entire membership are dedicated to improving the financial health of our families and community.
Live or Work in Chicagoland. The most common is living or working in our geographic field of membership area. The borders are Lake Michigan to the East, highway 294 to the West, Dempster Ave to the North, and highway 55 to the South.
Family members of existing members. Membership can be offered to anyone who is an immediate family member of an existing account holder.
Employees of our Partnered Employers. We’ve partnered with a number of employers to make all of their employees eligible for membership. If you work for one of the listed companies, you can open an account. Don’t see your employer listed? They may be on our extended list – ask us and we will check or can reach out to them to form a partnership.
- Advocate Healthcare
- Asian Human and Family Services
- Chicago Market Food Co-Op Members
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery
- John Crane Inc
- S&C Electric
- Trim-Tex Inc.
- Worker’s Union Local 707
Donors of our Partnered Charities. Similar to our employer partnerships, we work with two local charities and anyone in the Chicagoland area who makes a $25 donation to one is eligible to open an account with the Credit Union. Both charitable organizations can accept donations online, then just show us your confirmation.
- SitStayRead works with Chicago Public schools to advance children’s literacy skills using an engaging curriculum, certified dogs, and dedicated volunteers.
- Resources for Community Living provides individual support, housing solutions, job assistance, and social opportunities for individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Operation North Pole works with Chicago’s major children’s hospitals to provide a festive day of fun at the North Pole for families who have a child battling a life threatening illness.