The First Secure Checking Account gives you the best of the credit union’s free services, and adds tons of valuable benefits. Enjoy vital protection for you and your finances, helpful ways to save, and big rewards on everyday purchases. Many of the added protection options cover not only the account holder, but eligible family members as well.
We’ve rolled a number of popular services into this account so that you have easy access and can save money. Instead of paying individual fees that add up to significant costs over the year, you can get these services for free when you maintain a balance of at least $2500 or pay just $5 per month.
Sign in to eClub
Already have an account? Sign in to eClub Online to view all of your discount and reward options.
Earn 3% APY on your balances up to $10,0004
Get up to $10 each month in ATM fee reversals1
We make it easy to manage your finances and build for the future with our checking accounts. Access your account with our online banking and mobile app, plus you can use your VISA® debit card at any surcharge-free ATM on our network or get reimbursed for the fee.1 We also make it convenient to save with direct deposit, to send payments with Bill Pay and our Pay Anyone services, and to link external accounts for deposits or withdrawals.
- Earn 3% APY on Balances up to $10,0004
- Get up to $10 each month in ATM fee reversals1
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unlimited check writing
- Free Online and Mobile Banking with Bill Pay
- Courtesy Pay
- Access to 57,000 Surcharge-free ATMs in the STAR network
You deserve the best each day and we strive to deliver the best service and banking experience possible. In addition to all the convenient financial features, you can enjoy these protection services, discounts, and rewards.
Protect yourself and your family against an identity fraud event, financial or otherwise, anywhere in the world – even if it doesn’t impact your account at First Financial. IDProtect is a personal identity theft protection service available to First Secure Checking Account owners and their eligible family members.2 Service Includes:
- Fully Managed Identity Recovery: A dedicated fraud specialist will handle the recover process until your identity is restored.
- Identity Theft Reimbursement: Up to $10,000 identity theft expense reimbursement to cover expenses associated with restoring your identity.3
- Identity Monitoring: Credit file, credit report, credit score, and identity monitoring are available.
- Debit and Credit Card Registration: Cancel and request replacement cards using just one number.
- Access to exclusive offers and discounts at thousands of leading online retailers.
- Shop online using our customized shopping portal and receive cash back.
- Buyers Protection: covers items for 90 days from the date of purchase against accidental breakage, fire or theft.
- Extended Warranty: extends the U.S. manufacturer’s original written warranty up to one full year on most new retail purchases if the warranty is less than five years.3
Travel and Leisure Discounts
- Local and national discounts for hotels, restaurants, rental cards, museums, sporting events and more.
- Access discounts from your mobile device or redeem and print online.
Cellular Telephone Protection
- Covers first three phones listed on the cellular phone bill.
- Covers damage or theft, up to $300 per claim and 2 claims per year.3
Health Discount Savings
- Vision discounts – exams, glasses, contact lenses, corrective surgeries
- Prescription discounts
- Dential discounts
|Item Returned Unpaid Fee (non-sufficient funds)||$32.00/item|
|Item Paid Using Unavailable funds (must qualify)||$32.00/item|
|Courtesy Pay Fee (must qualify)||$32.00/item|
|Stop Payment Fee||$32.00/item|
|Monthly Account Fee - First Secure Checking||$5.00/month, waived with an average balance of at least $2500|
|Monthly Account Fee - Everyday Checking||$0.00/month|
|Check Printing||Varies depending on style and quantity|
ATM/Debit Card Services
|Card Expedite Fee||$25.00/occurence|
|Item Returned Unpaid||$32.00/item|
|Balance Inquiry using an ATM||$1.00 Per Inquiry|
|Eight (8) free withdrawals (ATM and POS) transactions per month||$1.00 per transaction thereafter|
1: Must make 15 signature-based debit card transactions during the statement period and receive an eStatement.
2: IDProtect covers account owners, joint account owners, spouses, persons qualifying as domestic partners, and children under 25 years of age or parents who are residents of the same household.
3: Ask for Insurance document for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is offered through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the certificate of insurance.
4: APY = annual percentage yield